And How Registered Dietitians Can Help
Up to 30 million people in the United States suffer from eating disorders. Unfortunately, eating disorders can have long-term negative effects on one’s health. Therefore, it’s important to seek intervention early to have the best chances of a full recovery. Developing a positive relationship with food is key to overcoming these disorders. Luckily, a Registered Dietitian can help you acheive this by ensuring adequate nutrition intake, education and proper coaching technique.
The complexities of eating disorders are incredibly diverse. As such, it impacts the physical, mental, social, and physiological aspects of one’s life. To overcome this complexity, we work with your entire healthcare team achieve balance in all areas of life.
Perhaps you or a loved one is transitioning from a treatment center. Maybe you’re struggling with weight issues, or feelings of inadequacies regarding body shape and/or size. Regardless, we promise to provide quality care individualized for your unique needs. We’re here to help.
Ready to take that next step?
We Offer Treatment for the Following Eating Disorders:
- Eating Disorder Hope
- Information and resources provided to individual eating disorder sufferers, their family members, and treatment providers.
- The National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders
- National Eating Disorders Association
Learn more about eating disorders by watching these short videos on the NEDA homepage:
- Eating Disorders: What are they?
- Inside the eating disordered mind
- What does treatment look like
Working With Ingrid Knight, RD & Associates, Inc.
- First, we discuss your unique individual needs and goals
- Next, we match you with the best Registered Dietitian suited to your needs
- Using evidence-based, science-backed medical information, we create for you an individual diet plan
- We’ll then provide on-going support; weekly, monthly, or as needed to optimize your success
- Verify your insurance to let you know if there is a copay or any patient responsibility
- Request medical records from your healthcare providers
- Provide status updates, or progress notes, to your healthcare providers as requested
- Share documents and tools with you through our secure portal
- Convenient scheduling with our portal or staff
- Telehealth, or we call telenutrition visits available for all residents of Georgia, Tennessee, North Carolina and South Carolina, and some other states