Registered Dietitian for Eating Disorders
Up to 30 million people in the United States suffer from eating disorders. While eating disorders can have long-term detrimental health effects, those who seek intervention early have the best outcomes and are more likely to make a full recovery. Changing the relationship with food is key to success and a registered dietitian can assist with building a healthy relationship with food and ensuring adequate nutrient intake is achieved. We understand the complexities of eating disorders as it relates to the physical, mental, social, and physiological aspects of one’s life and we work with your healthcare team to help achieve balance in all areas.
Whether you or a loved one is transitioning from a treatment center or is struggling with weight issues or feelings of inadequacies with regard to body shape and/or size, we can provide continuity of care individualized for you.
Types of eating disorders:
- Eating Disorder Hope
- Information and resources provided to individual eating disorder sufferers, their family members, and treatment providers.
- The National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders
- National Eating Disorders Association
Learn more about eating disorders by watching these short videos on the NEDA homepage:
- Eating Disorders: What are they?
- Inside the eating disordered mind
- What does treatment look like
Top Ten Reasons to Make an Appointment With Ingrid Knight, RD and Associates, Inc.
- Discuss your individual needs
- Match you with the best fit RDN
- Use evidence-based, science-based, medical information to create an individual diet plan
- Provide on-going support weekly, monthly, or as needed to optimize your success
- Verify your insurance to let you know if there is a copay or any patient responsibility
- Request medical records from your healthcare providers
- Provide status updates, or progress notes, to your healthcare providers as requested
- Share documents and tools with you through our secure portal
- Convenient scheduling with our portal or staff
- Telehealth, or we call telenutrition visits available for all residents of Georgia, Tennessee, North Carolina and South Carolina, and some other states