Weight Management and Sports Nutrition
We help you achieve long term weight management through a diet plan focused on personal nutrition made for you based on your unique needs and goals.
We take into account your personal medical and nutrition history, lifestyle, food preferences, and more to create a plan that is achievable and sustainable.
Our food and exercise guidelines are based in science to help you lose weight while preserving muscle. One size does not fit all: we use various science-based strategies to help you reach your goals.
Research indicates that the majority of individuals who lose weight with a short term diet plan will regain the weight within 5 years. Our goal is to work collaboratively with the client to create an individual diet plan that leads to long-lasting results and get you off the cycle of dieting.
There can be long term negative health effects due to nutrient deficiencies and/or not enough calories. Good nutrition is vital for normal growth and development. Scheduling a visit with one of our Registered Dietitian Nutritionists can set you or your child on the right path to developing healthy habits and creating a proper nutrition plan.
We work with athletes and fitness enthusiasts of all ages to develop a nutrition plan that optimizes performance, with a sustainable diet plan including any sport-specific requirements for changing weight or body composition. Working closely with the client, we collaboratively develop a plan including appropriate supplementation, hydration, pre-, intra-, and post-workout nutrition, training and competition nutrition, and nutrition to optimize recovery. Many strategies can be utilized depending on your goal: meeting nutritional requirements for muscle building, losing fat while preserving muscle mass, maintaining body composition while eating healthier, or eating optimally for performance.
Top Ten Reasons to Make an Appointment With Ingrid Knight, RD and Associates, Inc.
- Discuss your individual needs
- Match you with the best fit RDN
- Use evidence-based, science-based, medical information to create an individual diet plan
- Provide on-going support weekly, monthly, or as needed to optimize your success
- Verify your insurance to let you know if there is a copay or any patient responsibility
- Request medical records from your healthcare providers
- Provide status updates, or progress notes, to your healthcare providers as requested
- Share documents and tools with you through our secure portal
- Convenient scheduling with our portal or staff
- Telehealth, or we call telenutrition visits available for all residents of Georgia, Tennessee, North Carolina and South Carolina, and some other states