Susan Boekel is a registered dietitian nutritionist and lactation consultant. She earned a dietetics degree from the University of Georgia. She completed her dietetic internship at the Augusta Area Dietetic Internship in Augusta, Georgia.
Susan has over 37 years of experience in the field of nutrition. She values working with clients from their standpoint and providing individualized care to meet their lifestyles and needs.
Susan Boekel’s specialties include lactation, pediatrics, weight management, diabetes, heart health, digestive health, and food allergies/intolerances, and interstitial cystitis.
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Pediatric Weight Management and other pediatric conditions
- Weight Management and Bariatric Nutrition
- Picky Eaters
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Inflammatory Bowel Syndrome
- Food Allergies/Intolerance
- Heart Health
- Interstitial Cystitis
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
- Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist in Georgia, North Carolina and Tennessee
- International Board Certified Lactation Consultant
- Strong 4 Life Certified RDN
- Certification of Training in Childhood and Adolescent Weight Management
- Cardiovascular Health and Wellbeing Dietetic Practice Group
- Diabetes Dietetic Practice Group
- Pediatric Nutrition Dietetic Practice Group
- Weight Management Dietetic Practice Group
- Development of Human Milk Lab at Gwinnett Medical Center, Lawrenceville GA
- Author of Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) And The Breastfeeding Baby. Independent Study Module, International Lactation Consultant Association, Raleigh, NC, USA, 2000.
More About Susan Boekel
Susan’s experience with weight gain as a teenager lead her to seek help from a registered dietitian while in college. This encounter and her success at weight management developed her interest in nutrition and health.
Ms Boekel’s personal experiences with Type 2 Diabetes and food sensitivities has also instilled in her a passion to help others win their own battles with health issues. Susan’s insight into the realities of these struggles provide her with the compassion necessary to help support her clients during their journey to overcome their health challenges.
Susan has worked with clients of all ages, from premature infants to adults. She has over 37 years of experience in the field of nutrition.
Outside of her work as a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, Susan enjoys a calm family life being active, playing with her dogs, traveling to new places and reading fiction.